Internal Technical Support Engineer
Modern Message is looking for a patient, thorough, detailed, empathetic person to provide internal technical support and service to our client services and customer support teams. This is the perfect position for a bootcamp graduate or anyone looking to get a start in software development.
Our product, Community Rewards, is the #1 resident loyalty rewards app for the apartment industry. We help property managers at apartments seek out resident advocates within their communities, and empower them to engage with and share about their apartment communities online.
What you'll do:
- Provide general and technical system support to our client services and customer support teams
- Troubleshoot data integrations
- Assist with customer setup within our system
- Help triage and mitigate issues within our system
- Document technical knowledge
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Find and evaluate existing bugs and understand their effects on the system
- Assist with the testing of internal applications and projects
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex technical issues
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal to non-technical coworkers
- Strong multi-tasking and work prioritization skills
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions
- Experience with Ruby or a similar programming language preferred
- Customer service experience in any industry a plus
- Work experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician or similar role preferred
- Associates or BS degree in a related area of study (Computer Science, etc.) preferred
We're a small team so the opportunity for you to take on a big role and have a huge impact is very real. Our culture is collaborative, focused, and fast-paced. Modern Message offers flexible hours, competitive pay with benefits, and the chance to contribute and enhance your knowledge, skills and abilities to furthering and supporting innovation and customer service. If you're the best at what you do and our mission resonates with you, we'd love to have you join us.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.