Quality Assurance Engineer
The QA Engineer role plays an important part in our company’s product development process at Modern Message. We value close attention to detail and thoughtfulness about the customer experience. We also pride ourselves on a strong level of ownership throughout our products. You will work closely with both product managers, designers, and engineers, and must understand their perspectives.
Our product, Community Rewards, is the #1 resident loyalty rewards app for the apartment industry. We help property managers at apartments seek out resident advocates within their communities, and empower them to engage with and share about their apartment communities online.
We're a small team so the opportunity for you to take on a big role and have a huge impact is very real. Our culture is collaborative, focused, and fast-paced. If you're the best at what you do and our mission resonates with you, we'd love to have you join us.
- Work with the product team to create and ship new features
- Perform functional testing of new features as they are developed to ensure a flawless execution at launch
- Work with developers and product managers to craft, define, and implement new tests
- Conduct manual and automated integration and regression testing
- Create and maintain automated test frameworks and scripts
- Reproduce, document, track, refine, and resolve issues and bugs
- Identify and advocate for QA process improvements
- Ability to think outside of the box and the ability to see the product as a customer and act as a customer during testing.
- Proactive in reaching out to Dev's concerning questions or clarification in tickets.
- Able to push back on tickets that don't meet the bar of "Customer Ready" and back it up with possible solutions and ideas that could create a better user experience.
- Be comfortable voicing concerns to the various teams and groups of people involved in new features and products, but also be able to commit to the plan even if you don't agree with it.
- Experience testing web and native applications on various platforms
- Knowledge of how to craft simple yet robust solutions for complex test scenarios
- Ability to create and maintain automation scripts
- Well-versed in Computer Science and QA disciplines with a track record of applying this knowledge in the past
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Experience using a Kanban style work management system preferred
- Experience using Git preferred
Competitive salary; health benefits including dental and vision; 401k; wellness program; if you're in Dallas, we have a pretty stylish office downtown and are very particular about our coffee. We'll get you whatever equipment you need to best do your job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.